Sunday, August 20, 2006

Where have I gone right?

I'll pause to reflect on exactly why I am where I am at this moment. First of all, I blame my pride and ignorance to not take a free handout when it is waved in my face. I had my college paid for, but instead I joined the Army National Guard, to "earn my college", going on three years later I don't have one credit hour.
I'd like to blame my judgment on self worth. I panicked, and saw everyone else around me going to college or moving away from home. I panicked and decided I had to do something with my life. At the age of 18 I decided that if I didn't do something everyone would pass me by. If I only knew then what I've grown to know.
I blame my value for the almighty dollar. I blame my constant worrying of never having enough money or if any. I blame my greed and selfishness, and my ego which blinded me from what truly mattered. I blame my yearning for a better life which I can clearly see now was void of happiness.
I'll blame ignoring my intuition. I blame ignoring the little voice in the back of my head that told me this wasn't a good idea. I blame my arrogance, my self-indulgence and my skewed perspective, which has led me down this path.
I sit here in realization I've had to grow up faster than I wanted to. I've had to sacrifice the last two years, and I know I will never get them back. And I would gladly pay every last cent I have to get those years back. Yes there are those who have sacrificed more than I have. But I have no control over that. There are those who suffer more than others, and those who can't comprehend the amount of suffering that some go through. I don't think of things as in it could be worse. How good of a gauge is that to measure your life? Every time I hear it could be worse, I think you why would you think of life in terms of acceptance of a situation because you could be in a worse situation. Why not think in terms of it could be better? I know with the limited time God is going to give me on this earth I don’t want to die knowing everything I did was gauged off of me knowing that a situation existed worst than the one in which I chose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home