Thursday, September 14, 2006

Nobody Loves You, Everyone Hates You

As bewildering as it may seem: The title has nothing to do with my post. I simply have spent the last two nights listening to Greenday's Bullet In A Bible and can't get it out of my head. And I figured why not add to the nonsensical ravings which sweep across my Blog like the black plague. I currently have 13 days till I get to see the real world. Because naturally being in Iraq is like being a surreal, alternate reality where there is no rain, it's always too hot, and a tremendous access of dirt, dust, and sand. But to say the least I heavily anticipate going home and escaping.

Why I hate going to a range: Ranges suck, and I will always despise them. First off you waste a whole day. You are outside all day, and you are waiting all day. Then you shoot shadow figures; sillouettes which represent the human body. Based off of how well you do you will be given a grade such as Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert, or Hawkeye. The sillouettes are set from varying distances away. For the M16, anywhere from 50 meters to 300 meters in incriments of 50. You are given 40 rounds and the end goal would be to put a bullet in each target. I could go more in depth but the general essence is you are rewarded for your ability to fire at a piece of paper/cardboard, which is supposed to represent a person. This is the Army's gauge for marksmanship. And you must have gotten the feeling that most likely I'm not very good at this procedure. If fact I would go so far as to say I suck. I hit 1 or 2 targets above the minimum and then I'm done. I am equipped with a lot of rounds. I figure if it needs killing the more the marrier. It might take me five rounds to hit a target, but I still have another 25 to ensure the target is no longer a threat.

Where's Osama: If I was Osama Bin Laden's Public Affairs Representative I would follow in the footsteps of Where's Waldo. Put out a book and dress Osama in a red and white striped man dress and turbin. And then place a composite of him (obviously he's not going to be able to pose in foreign coutries) at various sites throughout the world. At least then George Bush could hold a press conference and show the nation his intellectual prowlness in finding Osama Bin Laden in each of these fun filled, challenging puzzles.

Did I really say the above mentioned piece: Yes and for the record, I consider in complimentary because I classify Where's Waldo right along side a Rubix Cube. And there are a large portion of highly intellectual Americans with college degrees and years of schooling who can't solve these puzzles.

Do I bash the military: Recently someone who is deployed with me has come upon my blog and told be I bash the military. After re-reading each of my entries I believe I bash myself moreso than the military. I do have the right to criticize myself as I want. And my opinion as a citizen of the United States is my obligation to be critical of myself, especially because of my heightened role in the protection of the United States against the ever growing threat of terrorist. Terrorist are not people. They do not have souls and they only survive off of the tears of Americans. Their weakness... love. If we love the terrorist they will catch of fire and burn.

Bullets My Only Weakness: Another random bit from the movie Harold an Kumar Go To White Castle. I am running out of wild stories. I like my new format and I think I will continue running with it. If you read this and look in a mirror and say Mr. Clean 73 times he will appear and wrestle with you. If you beat him you will be granted three wishes. Well actually after the government taxes you'll actually only have 1.8 wishes.

Peace Out