Friday, October 20, 2006

There And Back Again

Sorry I haven't updated in well over a month. I returned from leave Wednesday morning and have being trying to harrass this computer into allowing me to post a blog since.

Leave was a godsent. After nine months in Iraq I can honestly assess that the line between military and civilian had blurred to a point where I had myself convinced I was a miserable person. Most people live in denial of their immaturity and I am definetly guilty of that crime myself. I guess at just over 21 I haven't matured, or had the life experience necessary to help keep my situation and my life as a whole as two seperate entities. Anyways I found I was happy, even when the situation would dicate a more somber mood. I found thatI was still more upbeat then my best days in Iraq.

Rundown on key events

*Went to Nebraska Vs. Kansas Game and stayed for the entire thing. It took my dad and I 45 minutes to leave the stadium and another hour plus to make a normally 20 minute drive. After Nebraska scored the go ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter a guy behind us had a heart attack... needless to say I spent way too much on the tickets and continued to watch the game... I did however between plays act concerned.

*My buddy Chris and I went in on a boat. It eneded up costing $450. It has a Johnson 70 HP Motor on it and has a solid body. We tore up the carpet, the seats and have to repair about a six inch hole with fiberglass. It's a 15 ft boat and it'll be awesome for fishing.

* My buddy Dustin had the transmission go out in his 1995 Thunderbird so I coaxed Chris into putting a new one in it. In the end we had to drop the gas tank, the drive shaft, and the whole exhaust to get it out and a new one in. Needless to say it was a pain in the ass and we regretted doing it almost instantly. In the end a wire bunch connected to the transmission which causes the car to shift were badly fraid so naturally the car wouldn't leave first gear. And better news is no junk yards had one availabe and on top of that Ford stopped manufacturing it.

* I went to see my sister who has a new boyfriend who isn't some goth freak. It was relieving and hopefully soon she'll begin to explore other colors than black.

* I had high speed internet and got to drive a car!!!

* I wore what I wanted.

* My chain of command consisted of myself and I walked in around in a world where there was no rank. It was a spectacular feeling and I can't wait to feel it again.

* Other than that nothing which I will post on a public forum happened. I chilled out hung out with friends, visisted family, watched football, etc.

Well that about wraps it up. Hopefully I'll maintain this a little bit better. Go Huskers!!! If you lose keep losing. I want Callahan fired. I hate his conservative offense, this isn't the NFL Bill, you can't throw seven games and still make the playoffs. If you are overmatched don't just quit and try to play it safe. I'd rather see us lose 72-0 with 6 turnovers then 21-0 with none. Sorry I really hate watching us quit trying to put up points after the first 14 points we score. Peace